Quinta Brunson’s liked ABC comedy Abbott Elementary led the entire winners Saturday on the thirty eighth annual Television Critics Association’s Awards, taking house 4 awards together with the distinguished program of the yr prize.
The awards, introduced nearly after the semi-annual press excursion was once shifted in keeping with emerging COVID-19 instances in Southern California, have been decided on by means of the crowd’s club of greater than 200 TV newshounds around the U.S. and Canada.
Abbott Elementary earned wins for Brunson (person fulfillment in comedy), new program, fulfillment in comedy and program of the yr. The comedy, which earned a supersized second-season renewal, was once the one display to earn a couple of wins this yr. The collection went into the awards with a number one 5 nominations, with co-star Janelle James dropping out to Brunson for the person comedy prize.
Before the TCA’s shift to a digital press excursion, Abbott Elementary stars James, Lisa Ann Walter and Sheryl Lee Ralph have been poised to host the in-person rite.
Other winners come with This Is Us megastar Mandy Moore for person fulfillment in drama following her sudden snub on the Emmys; HBO’s Succession for fulfillment in drama and Hulu’s Dopesick as perfect miniseries.
“Tonight was once intended to be our first time celebrating the TCA Awards in-person since 2019 — sadly, it was once no longer supposed to be,” stated Melanie McFarland, TCA president and TV critic for Salon. “Despite this construction, we’re proud to announce this yr’s roster of proficient TCA Award winners. Each of them performed an important function in making the 2021-2022 tv season one of the crucial perfect in fresh reminiscence. We sincerely congratulate all of our honorees, and we look ahead to collecting in user as soon as once more in 2023.”
The TCA additionally bestowed its Heritage Award to CBS’ I Love Lucy, with Ted Danson and Steve Martin each known with occupation fulfillment honors.
A complete listing of winners follows.
- Individual Achievement In Drama: Mandy Moore (THIS IS US, NBC)
- Individual Achievement In Comedy: Quinta Brunson (ABBOTT ELEMENTARY, ABC)
- Outstanding Achievement In News and Information: THE BEATLES: GET BACK (Disney+)
- Outstanding Achievement In Reality Programming: TIE: THE AMAZING RACE (CBS), LEGENDARY (HBO Max)
- Outstanding Achievement In Youth Programming: THE BABY-SITTERS CLUB (Netflix)
- Outstanding Achievement In Variety, Talk Or Sketch: I THINK YOU SHOULD LEAVE WITH TIM ROBINSON (Netflix)
- Outstanding New Program: ABBOTT ELEMENTARY (ABC)
- Outstanding Achievement In Movies, Miniseries, Or Specials: DOPESICK (Hulu)
- Outstanding Achievement In Drama: SUCCESSION (HBO)
- Outstanding Achievement In Comedy: ABBOTT ELEMENTARY (ABC)
- Program of the Year: ABBOTT ELEMENTARY (ABC)
- Career Achievement Honoree: TIE: Ted Danson & Steve Martin
- Heritage Award: I LOVE LUCY (CBS)